Ballastic - A game of ball-swinging, elastic-snapping chaos.
Ballastic currently requires Windows 7/8, and is enhanced for Ultrabook™
Ballastic is available on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/978120/Ballastic/
The mechanics of Ballastic are simplistic yet addictive. Grab onto the handle that the ball is attached to and drag it around the screen using your mouse, or your finger if using a touch-enabled device. The objective is to demolish as many items as possible before the string snaps or your time runs out.
As the game progresses the ball becomes increasingly heavier, making it more difficult to keep it under control. To further challenge the user, certain items will spawn additional weighted balls to the string, which multiply future points while making the game even more challenging.
While dragging the handle around the screen, the ball(s) attached to the elastic will react to your every move. If you provide too much momentum, the rope will give way and snap. To earn the greatest number of points you must try to stretch the elastic rope as far as possible without breaking it.
The game's scoring formula relies heavily on the length of the string upon impact; your score will increase greatly as you become more skilled. Rack up killer combos by collecting multiple items quickly and with high elasticity.
- Local and online high score system.
- Hypnotic and relaxing effects and visual blends.
- Six different types of collectibles.
- Modern graphics designed specifically for HD widescreen displays.
- Creative use of physics and particles to provide a unique experience.
- Optional Ultrabook™ specific sensor enhancements.
- Touch-supported control for touchscreen devices
- Accelerometer to influence background momentum
- Ambient Light to play one of two themes depending on environment (day/night)
- HD graphics with native 1600x900 support (latest Ultrabook™ line)
- Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) - "Aces High" Music Score
- CodeProject & Intel - Windows 8 & Ultrabook™ App Innovation Contest
- Lee Bamber and staff at The Game Creators Ltd. (FE, AGK, DBP, FPSC)
- CANO-Lab, developer of Pendulumania which was of great inspiration
Copyright © 2012 - linkedPIXEL LLC